Tuna Polenta CakesSERVINGS: 12 appetizers | PREP TIME: 30 minutes | COOK TIME: 10 minutes
Yellowfin tuna paired with polenta to create a flavorful appetizer
- 1 pouch (2.5¬†oz.)¬†Portofino Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 box (12 oz.) polenta
- 1 cup shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¬ľ cup marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sliced, fresh basil
- Make the polenta according to the package directions. Stir in the shredded cheese until well combined and melted.
- Place the olive oil in an 11×9 pan or half-sheet pan and spread out until the pan is covered.¬† Spoon the hot polenta into the pan, and spread it to the edges.
- Allow it to cool, and once firm, use a 2-inch-round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter to make ~12 polenta rounds.
- Place the rounds on a platter. Top them with 1 tsp. of marinara sauce and tuna, and finish them off with some slivered basil.
Tuna Polenta Cakes
|Nutritional Info||Amount/Serving||% DV*|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Nutritional information does not include salt and pepper or microgreens.|