Classic Tuna Nicoise SaladSERVINGS: 8 | PREP TIME: 15 minutes | COOK TIME: 25 minutes
Crisp Boston Bibb lettuce, meaty Kalamata olives and a caper-Dijon vinaigrette give this Classic Tuna Nicoise Salad a taste of the Old World.
- 2 cans (4.5 oz. each)Â Portofino Solid Albacore Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. small red potatoes
- Â˝ lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 16 red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced in Â˝-inch slices
- 12â€“16 Kalamata olives
- 8 small pieces of Boston Bibb lettuce
- ÂĽ cupÂ extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. drained capers
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15â€“20 minutes, until just tender. Drain and immediately cool under running cold water.
- Steam the green beans in the microwave until just tender, about 4â€“5 minutes. Cool immediately under running cold water or plunge in an ice bath to cool.
- Place lettuce on a large platter.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters, and place on the platter. Add green beans, eggs, tomatoes and olives.
- Chunk tuna, and place in the center of the plate.
- Place olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk in vinegar and mustard until thick and creamy. Whisk in capers and oregano. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
Classic Tuna Nicoise Salad
|Nutritional Info||Amount/Serving||% DV*|
|Calories from Fat||80|
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Nutritional information does not include salt and pepper or microgreens.|